Job Title: Director of Business Development
Reports to: VP of Business Development
Who is eCommerce Direct:
eCommerce Direct, an industry leading 3PL and fulfillment provider for direct-to-consumer companies was built from the ground up to enable our clients to seamlessly integrate digital commerce and physical supply chain. We work closely with our clients to simplify their fulfillment and supply chain processes, get a single view of their customer, and optimize resources. We are not just a factory churning out orders – we are engaging and delighting the customers of our clients.
What we’re looking for………An energetic, dedicate and sales hunter to join our organization who is passionate about making a difference for our customers and increasing company revenue by identifying and developing new business opportunities as well as expanding brand presence.
The Director of Business Development is based in the US and will play a key role in helping the organization in achieving our strategic plan. This is a great opportunity to grow with a winning team.
- Manage strategic solution sales aimed at increasing market share and ensuring revenue achievement and customer satisfaction and retention
- Establish client specific value propositions for eCommerce Direct services
- Prospect and identify new business opportunities, assess customer needs and recommend services based on supply chain evaluation
- Establish new accounts through extensive territory management, research, pro-active calling and business relationships
- Develop sales plans and accurately forecast annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams
- Coordinates with internal resources to ensure appropriate pricing and approvals of all sales and ensure overall cross functional solution coordination
- Negotiates sales price and discounts with the senior leadership
- Build relationships with clients to ensure repeat business and generating new business referrals
- Works with executive team or designee to establish and deliver effective programs and presentations to address the following issues:
- New account sales and growth to base through sales activities
- Sales of emerging products and multi-product sales
- Improved presentations
- Pro-active competitive strategies and targeted sales campaigns
- Proper use and level of internal sales support
- Management of expenses of the area at a reasonable level
- Business/financial issues on contracts
- Travel estimated at 25%
Skills / Required Behaviors
Must have proven experience in solution sales and be able to demonstrate capabilities during the interviewing process.
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technology and methodology in supply chain, fulfillment, CRM, order management, warehouse management and ERP
- Sales experience in warehousing, consolidation and cross docking
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools
- Proficient Budget-management skills
- Extraordinary Oral & Written Communication Skills
- Understands the importance and passionate but delivering exceptional Customer Service to team members and Clients
- Detailed Oriented and Highly Organized
- Ability to Multi-task
- Project Management experience
- Analytical skills
- High level of Professionalism
- Time Management Skills
- Ability to work independently as well with a team
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channel
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Professional appearance and presentation required
Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in business, sales or marketing or equivalent training in business or sales management preferred.
5+ years’ experience selling fulfillment related services.
List of Physical Requirements
Typical duties found in an office environment. Fully sighted/full auditory capabilities needed to read and manipulate a standard computer set up. This position will be expected to operate a motor vehicle as part of its job duties, physical requirements associated with operating an automobile are required.
Competitive salary and great benefits
To apply click the button below. Please include your resume.
This job description is subject to change at any time. As part of your employment, you may be asked to perform duties outside of this job description. Please see your immediate supervisor with any questions you may have.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.